Tag Archive : Arrested

/ Arrested

A total of 96 individuals were detained by police at pubs and nightclubs on Saturday (July 4) after they failed to follow the SOPs set for the recovery movement control order (RMCO).

According to Senior Minister (Security), Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob, as reported by The Star, in total, 165 people were detained which includes 67 others who were also violating the SOPs. From the 165, 14 individuals were remanded while 151 were slapped with compounds.

The special task force had conducted a total of 1,727 checks at supermarkets, restaurants, hawkers, factories, banks and government offices to ensure the SOPs of the RMCO is being followed by everyone.

We are not out of the woods yet. Hence it is great that everyone can follow the SOPs set by the authorities diligently to prevent any future outbreak from happening. The temporary hardship that we face right now is key to our future. So please stick with the SOPs for the greater good of everyone.

W.O.B

According to Sinar Harian and Terengganu Voice, anybody who is caught loitering outdoors past 8.00pm will immediately be arrested in Terengganu.

According to Terengganu Chief of Police Datuk Roslee Chik, the police will no longer make any compromises for any individuals who continue to remain stubborn during the MCO, with the exception of legitimate emergencies.

“It has almost been a month since the implementation of the MCO and we are still seeing people giving illogical reasons like needing to buy water, food, and other essentials, despite the fact that businesses have been told to close at 6pm (in Terengganu).

As such, from today onward, any individuals caught loitering outside past 8pm will immediately be arrested.” he said.

This was told to the press outside of Terengganu Police Headquarters before an audience of media, where Datuk Roslee also mentioned that there has been an increase of traffic by up to over 9,000 vehicles in his state since Monday (13th April 2020).

The Covid-19 pandemic has put a halt on many occasions such as cultural events, exhibitions, marathons and even weddings. Mass gathering is strictly prohibited by the government to avoid the risk of Covid-19 infections.

Movement Control Order (MCO) was put in place to further ensure that everyone stays at home and they are safe. Unfortunately, not everyone are atill willing to adhere to the government’s orders and they put their safety on the line.

Yesterday (12 April), a man was arrested by the authorities in Alor Setar after he had been caught violating the MCO. He was found near by a traffic light at 11.30pm when authorities had arrested him.

According to Harian Metro, when probed further by the police regarding his whereabouts, the man claimed that he went to visit his fiancé. Assistant Commissioner Mohd Rozi Jidin said the this man was among the 16 individuals who were arrested for disobeying the MCO.

“The location has been inspected 5 times prior to this. But, people still are getting caught for violating the MCO,” said AC Mohd Rozi. He also stated that the individuals who were arrested are aware that the MCO only allows everyone to be out until 8pm.

To complicate things even further, the individuals who have been arrested came up with various reasons in hopes that the authorities will let them go.

The 16 individuals (between the ages 19-38) who were arrested have been brought for further investigation at the Kota Setar Police Headquarters. For MCO violators, authorities have warned that they will slap a fine up to RM1,000 and face possible jail term, too.

Since the MCO is extended, it is only expected for the authorities to be even stricter. According to the New Straits Times, police will no longer compromise with those who disobey or violate the Movement Control Order (MCO).

Staying at home until the MCO ends is crucial in order to break the infection chains of Covid-19. The frontliners are working day and night to ensure our safety and the least we can do for them is to stay at home.

W.O.B

SINGAPORE – A motorist who allegedly drove off after running over a woman in Cantonment Road was arrested five days after the fatal accident last Sunday (Jan 5).

The 44-year-old driver had left the scene before the police arrived and was arrested on Friday for failing to render assistance, the police said.

She is the second person arrested in relation to the accident which took 69-year-old Madam Ong Soh Boey’s life.

A 25-year-old Maserati driver, whose car was on the wrong side of the road, was arrested for dangerous driving causing death after the accident last Sunday.

A video clip of the accident soon circulated online showing that a second, yellow car was also involved. Madam Ong, who was lying on the road, was hit again and dragged several metres in the second collision involving the yellow car.

A 25-year-old Maserati driver, whose car was on the wrong side of the road, was arrested for dangerous driving causing death after the accident last Sunday.

A video clip of the accident soon circulated online showing that a second, yellow car was also involved. Madam Ong, who was lying on the road, was hit again and dragged several metres in the second collision involving the yellow car.

The police said they were alerted to the accident along Cantonment Road, towards Keppel Road, at about 5.50am last Sunday.

Madam Ong, a single mother of two daughters, was riding her e-bike near Pinnacle@ Duxton when she met with the accident.

Her family on Monday told The Straits Times that she was then on her way to the provision shop she runs in Chinatown.

Despite being financially stable, she had taken on several part-time jobs, including cleaning and washing laundry, to fill her time. Her family said Madam Ong, who reportedly split with her husband nearly 40 years ago, had been riding a bicycle between home and work almost every day for 30 years without incident.

“My aunt was a strong and independent woman. She was also kind and thrifty, but generous to others,” said Madam Ong’s niece, who declined to be named.

She said the family intends to pursue legal action against the two drivers.

The police said they were alerted to the accident along Cantonment Road, towards Keppel Road, at about 5.50am last Sunday.

Madam Ong, who was riding an electric bicycle, was pronounced dead at scene by a paramedic.

Investigations are ongoing.

Madam Ong, a single mother of two daughters, was riding her e-bike near Pinnacle@ Duxton when she met with the accident.

Her family on Monday told The Straits Times that she was then on her way to the provision shop she runs in Chinatown.

Despite being financially stable, she had taken on several part-time jobs, including cleaning and washing laundry, to fill her time. Her family said Madam Ong, who reportedly split with her husband nearly 40 years ago, had been riding a bicycle between home and work almost every day for 30 years without incident.

“My aunt was a strong and independent woman. She was also kind and thrifty, but generous to others,” said Madam Ong’s niece, who declined to be named.

She said the family intends to pursue legal action against the two drivers.

AsiaOne

Sometimes, there is a lot of truth in the saying that all that glitters isn’t always gold. Appearances can be deceptive, and it always helps to make sure you keep a close eye on things before going out on a limb to make wild claims about another person, before you wind up embarrassing yourself.

Well, these young women wound up having to endure a pretty harrowing, if not downright embarrassing situation when they were hauled in by members of the police over a complete mistake for a crime that they didn’t even commit, according to this Facebook post.

What had initially meant to be a dream, luxe birthday escapade for Sharonia Paruntu and her friends turned into an absolute nightmare when Sharonia and her friends wound up being arrested and hauled out of their 5-star hotel in the blink of an eye. This story was shared by Stanley Paruntu, who says he is Sharonia’s father.

And why did this entire mess even happen in the first place, you ask? All because the hotel staff who came in to clean up their room found a small plastic bag containing a bit of white powder, and noticed that a glass panel on the shower had shattered. One plus one = drug party, right?

According to Sharonia, two of their friends had somehow wound up trapped inside the shower at 2am and couldn’t get the door open. Despite multiple efforts at trying to pull it to budge, the door remained firmly held in place. They even broke the glass panel as a result of trying to force it open.

As they resorted to calling room service, the girls probably didn’t expect the whole situation to get a whole lot worse, as Sharonia explains over her Insta Story:

“Just got back from Police Cantonment Complex from 14 hours locked up, because W Hotels Singapore accused me of bringing drugs to their hotel. But it’s an armpit powder to make your armpit less stinky lol. And they didn’t ask me first what is it.

And they arrested me and my friends for 14 hours. Thank you W Hotels for a nice birthday present.”

WOB

The cops have nabbed four men believed to have been behind SG Nasi Lemak, the Telegram chat group exposed earlier this month for disseminating obscene videos and images as well as promoting vice activities within the channel. 

According to the Singapore Police Force, the four suspects — aged between 17 and 37 — were arrested at various locations islandwide yesterday (Oct 14) after their identities were established through investigations. 

They will be charged in court today with conspiracy to commit distribution of obscene materials, which could land them in prison for three months and/or a fine. 

SG Nasi Lemak

Prior to its closure in early October, SG Nasi Lemak had well over 44,000 active members and up to 46,000 at its peak. The members consist of mostly Singaporean males who’d share and comment on nudes and lewd videos featuring young local women — content that they might have shared privately but leaked onto SG Nasi Lemak without consent. 

Sometimes it would even be images of fully-clothed women stolen from their social media profiles, with members making crude sexual comments and requesting their nudes, if any. 

Aside from sharing pornographic material, SG Nasi Lemak was also used as a platform for vice activities, including the sale of outlawed items such as e-cigarettes and sexual-enhancement drugs, and even sexual services by independent sex workers. 

Though the group is believed to have been around for close to a year, it was only in the tail end of September that the local Twitterverse got to know about its existence. Facing widespread criticism and infamy, it shut down. 

Investigations and arrests

According to the police, reports against SG Nasi Lemak have been lodged as early as March 15. It was only several months later that officers from Ang Mo Kio Police Division established the identities of the people behind SG Nasi Lemak. 

Investigations revealed that a 26-year-old man and 37-year-old man are the administrators of the Telegram group, while two teens — aged 19 and 17 — are the distributors of the obscene materials. Over 10 electronic devices were seized as case exhibits, including a PC, a laptop, a hard disk and several mobile phones. 

“Members of the public are advised to stop soliciting in any lewd website or joining such online platforms and illicit chat groups,” asserted the Singapore Police Force. 

“The Police takes a serious view of anyone involved in criminal activities and will continue to take tough enforcement actions against those breaking the law.”

As laudable as the arrests may be, SG Nasi Lemak is only one of the dozens (if not hundreds) of private chat groups that exist on Telegram to circulate smut. 

AsiaOne

DHAKA, Bangladesh – A Bangladeshi man who forcibly shaved his wife’s head after finding a hair in his breakfast has been arrested, police said on Tuesday (Oct 8), as rights groups warned that violence against women was rising in the conservative Muslim nation.

Police raided a village in the north-western district of Joypurhat and arrested Bablu Mondal, 35, after villagers told officers about the incident.

“He found a human hair on the rice and milk breakfast his wife prepared for him,” local police chief Shahriar Khan told AFP.

“He became angry seeing the hair and blamed the wife. He then took a blade and forcibly shaved the head of the wife,” he said.

Police chief Khan said Bablu was charged with “voluntarily causing grievous hurt”, an offence that carries a maximum sentence of 14 years in jail, and also for “outraging the modesty” of his 23-year-old wife.

Activists say the incident highlights growing repression of women in Bangladesh despite laws to protect them from abuse and sexual assault.

According to local rights group Ain o Salish Kendra, there were an average three rapes a day in the first six months of the year.

The organisation that said of the 630 women raped between January and June, 37 were killed after the assault while seven others took their own life.

There were also 105 instances of attempted rape.

In April, massive protests broke out after a 19-year-old schoolgirl was burned to death on the orders of her headteacher after she reported him for sexually harassing her.

AsiaOne

IPOH – A 29-year-old policeman has been arrested for discharging his gun after a heated argument with his fiancee.

Perak police chief Comm Datuk Razarudin Husain said the bullet hit a dog in the leg during the incident at the woman’s home in Taman Merdeka on Sunday. (oct 6)

“We believe they were arguing after ending their engagement.

“The man, who was stationed at the Wang Kelian Immigration, Customs and Quarantine Complex, was missing from work on Friday,” he told reporters when met at the senior police officer’s mess hall here Monday (Oct 7).

Razarudin said the policeman has been remanded and the gun seized.

“We have also recovered a bullet for investigation.

“He has been suspended from performing his duty,” he said, adding that the case is being investigated under Section 307 of the Penal Code for attempted murder.

AsiaOne

KUALA LUMPUR: An actor has been arrested in connection with a cheating case involving a publisher.

It is learnt that 25-year-old was arrested at around 12pm when he came to the Ampang Jaya police headquarters to have his statement taken.

The arrest came in the wake of a police report that was lodged by the publisher, a Datuk, almost two months ago.

In that report, the complainant allegedly lost RM200,000 in cash meant for an investment in March.

When contacted, Deputy Selangor police chief Deputy Comm Datuk Ab Rashid Ab Wahab confirmed the arrest, adding that the case was being investigated under Section 420 of the Penal Code for cheating.

TheStar

LONDON – A teenager was arrested on Sunday (Aug 4) after allegedly throwing a six-year-old boy from a tenth-floor viewing platform of London’s Tate Modern gallery, police said. 

The boy was airlifted to hospital and is in a critical condition, while the 17-year-old male suspect is being held on suspicion of attempted murder. 

The Tate Modern, a leading contemporary art museum on the banks of the River Thames, was initially locked down but visitors were later allowed to leave. 

Several members of the public gave witness statements. 

“Police were called at around 2:40pm (1340 GMT) on August 4 to reports of a young boy thrown from the tenth floor viewing platform of the Tate Modern,” the police statement said. 

“The six year-old victim was found on a fifth floor roof. He was treated at the scene and taken to hospital by London’s Air Ambulance. 

“The boy’s condition is critical; his family are being supported by police.”

Police said the suspect “remained with members of the public on the tenth floor viewing platform. There is nothing to suggest that he is known to the victim”. 

“The teenager was arrested by police officers on suspicion of attempted murder and taken into police custody.”

The Tate Modern is Britain’s top visitor attraction, with 5.87 million visits in 2018, according to the Association of Leading Visitor Attractions.

AsiaOne

//graizoah.com/afu.php?zoneid=2458908