May 12, 2020 | Viral | No Comments
Now that it is almost time for Raya, lots of people have been using this MCO period to cook and bake. Sometimes the recipes flop and end up on Masak Apa Tak Jadi Hari Ini, while other times, they come out delicious! So here’s a fool-proof recipe for cookies that tastes exactly like Famous Amos’!
This recipe was shared by a Malaysian mum on Facebook and because of its simplicity, it has been shared over 208,000 times during the time of writing! Without further ado, let’s get to it! Psst. this recipe yields four jars!
This is what you need:
Now that we have everything, it’s time to do this!
- Put the butter, egg, brown sugar and vanilla essence into a bowl and mix it well using a spatula (NO mixer used in this entire recipe!).
- In the same bowl, put in wheat flour, cornflour, soda bicarbonate, baking powder and oil. Mix it well slowly.
- Put the chocolate chips into the bowl
and not your mouth.Mix well.
- Cover the mixture with cling wrap and put it into the fridge for about 30 minutes to harden. Leave it longer if your fridge is not that cool.
- Preheat your oven to 150 degrees. Grease your baking pan with some butter and scoop out the dough into small pieces. There’s no need to flatten it.
- Put the baking pan/ tray int the oven for 20 minutes.
- Take out from the oven and let cool before putting it into any containers.
Well, that was easy! As it doesn’t involve a lot of equipment and it’s easy to make, it will be perfect as a couple/family activity!
This amazing recipe caught the attention of locals, and even made it to Singapore and Indonesia. It’s a super crazy feat to amass over 200,000 shares and 13,000 comments, especially when the whole recipe is in Malay. We’re definitely looking forward to create them ourselves!