Tag Archive : man

/ man

Wearing a mask is absolutely crucial during this pandemic and many countries have made it compulsory, especially in crowded public areas. Failure to do so could land violators a hefty fine or they could even get punished by digging graves for Covid-19 victims like they do in Indonesia.

But not everyone understands the true importance of wearing a face mask and most try to find a way around this rule by using items that do not actually prevent the spread of bodily fluids from their nose and mouth.

“As long as there is something on my face, the authorities won’t come after me,” is what these people probably think.

But who would’ve thought that someone would actually think it’s okay to use a SNAKE (no joke) as a face covering when boarding a bus?

On 15 September, public transport authorities in England had to clarify rules on face coverings after a bus passenger was spotted with a snake around his neck and mouth.

The man was seen on a bus heading for Manchester on 14 September when fellow passengers noticed that the colourful covering on his face started moving, reported SCMP.

“At first I thought he had a really funky mask on, then he let it crawl around the hand rails,” one witness was quoted as saying.

“No one was really bothered on the bus but a man behind took a video. It was definitely entertaining.”

The man, dressed in a white T-shirt and jeans and with a python coiled around his neck and face, was not wearing a mask as required underneath. Face coverings is mandatory on public transport in Britain to prevent the spread of Covid-19.

According to a spokesman for Transport for Greater Manchester, the government said that face coverings could be surgical masks, scarves or even bandanas,

“While there is a small degree of interpretation that can be applied to this, we do not believe it extends to the use of snakeskin, especially when still attached to the snake,” he added.

W.O.B

A young couple in Selangor was recently arrested for threatening to leak a woman’s nude photos

Harian Metro reported that the arrests were made during two separate raids at Sungai Buloh and Sea Park.

Petaling Jaya police chief ACP Nik Ezanee Mohd Faisal said that the two suspects, aged 22 and 23 years old, were found to have previously extorted a 22 year-old-woman on 31 May.

The suspects demanded RM1,000 from the victim in order to stop her nude photos from being circulated

The victim then transferred RM300 and RM400 to two separate bank accounts, as reported by Harian Metro.

“On 1 June, the victim filed a police report regarding the incident. Investigations found that the victim had sent nude photos to her then-boyfriend. However, her ex-boyfriend’s phone has been missing since March,” said Nik Ezanee.

He added that the male suspect is a friend of the ex-boyfriend. Meanwhile, the other woman arrested is the suspect’s fiancée. 

“The suspect used his fiancée’s account for the bank transaction,” he said.

The case is being investigated under Section 384 of the Penal Code for extortion

According to Burgie Law, if found guilty, the suspects are liable to be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to ten years or with fine or with whipping or with any two of such punishments.

These Malaysian organisations aim to help survivors of sexual assault:

1. WOMEN’S AID ORGANISATION (WAO)
Operating hours: 24-hour
Contact: +603-79563488
SMS/WhatsApp: +6018-9888058
Website | Facebook | Twitter

2. ALL WOMEN’S ACTION SOCIETY (AWAM)
Operating hours: Weekdays (9.30am – 4.30pm)
Contact: +603-78770224
WhatsApp: +6016-2284221 | +6016-2374221
Email: telenita@awam.org.my
Website | Facebook | Twitter

3. WOMEN’S CENTRE FOR CHANGE PENANG (WCC PENANG)
Operating hours: Weekdays (9am – 5pm)
Contact: +604-2280342 | +604-3988340
WhatsApp: +6011-31084001 | +6016-4390698
Email: wcc@wccpenang.org
Website | Facebook | Twitter

4. SARAWAK WOMEN FOR WOMEN SOCIETY (SWWS)
Operating hours: Monday to Friday (9am to 5.30pm)
Contact: +6082-422660
SMS/WhatsApp: +6013-8044285
Email: sarswws@gmail.com
Website | Facebook | Twitter

SAYS

A 31-year-old man was arrested after he stole a machete from a hardware store and caused a commotion, posing danger to others in Taman Ria, Sungai Petani at 1pm on 7 September.

According to Kuala Muda District Police Chief, Assistant Commissioner Adzil Abu Shah, investigations found that the man had entered a hardware store and fled with a machete, reported KOSMO!

The suspect then started making a fuss while holding the machete, causing panic among the public.

video posted on Facebook shows the man playing ‘tag’ with the police as they struggle to get a hold of him, probably out of fear of getting hurt since the man was being reckless with the machete in his hand.

The police officer who received the report about the incident immediately rushed to the scene and found that the suspect was threatening another man with the machete

“Police warned the suspect to drop the machete, but he refused, causing a fight,” Adzil Abu Shah said.

“The suspect was finally arrested and suffered injuries including swelling and wounds on the upper left eyebrow.”

Further investigations discovered that the suspect had 17 previous criminal records, including offences under the Dangerous Drugs Act 1958.

Reports, however, did not disclose if the man was under the influence of drugs when the incident happened.

The suspect has since been taken to the Sultan Abdul Halim Hospital for treatment while the case is being investigated under Section 380 and Section 506 of the Penal Code for theft and criminal intimidation.

W.O.B

A 17-year-old in Penang recently died by suicide after a man threatened to upload her private photos onto social media

The Star reported that on Monday, 10 August, the teen jumped to her death from an apartment building and the family members were notified later in the evening.

Prior to the incident, the victim’s mother received a phone call from an unknown man who claimed to be the victim’s boyfriend.

He demanded to speak to her and when his request was denied, he became aggravated and threatened to publicise the teen’s private photos.

The following day, authorities apprehended a 20-year-old suspect from Kuala Kangsar.Penang police chief Datuk Sahabudin Abd Manan said that they also confiscated his mobile phone and found explicitly edited photos of other women.

According to The Star, the man was arrested by a team of police from the southwest police district headquarters in Perak, on 4 August at about 7.50pm.

Sahabudin told New Straits Times, “Our probe found that the suspect will deceive victims he got to know from Facebook before threatening to release their edited photographs in social media platforms if they refuse to have sex with him or decide to end the relationship.”

He also added that the man had extorted other women in Kuala Lumpur, Selangor, Johor, and Perak as well. In these other cases, the man asked for money from the victims using the same modus operandi.

The case is being investigated under Section 507 of the Penal Code for insulting the modesty of a person

Sahabudin also said the suspect has no prior criminal record and is being remanded for seven days from 5 August until 11 August.

These Malaysian organisations aim to help survivors of sexual assault:

1. WOMEN’S AID ORGANISATION (WAO)
Operating hours: 24-hour
Contact: +603-79563488
SMS/WhatsApp: +6018-9888058
Website | Facebook | Twitter

2. ALL WOMEN’S ACTION SOCIETY (AWAM)
Operating hours: Weekdays (9.30am – 4.30pm)
Contact: +603-78770224
WhatsApp: +6016-2284221 | +6016-2374221
Email: telenita@awam.org.my
Website | Facebook | Twitter

3. WOMEN’S CENTRE FOR CHANGE PENANG (WCC PENANG)
Operating hours: Weekdays (9am – 5pm)
Contact: +604-2280342 | +604-3988340
WhatsApp: +6011-31084001 | +6016-4390698
Email: wcc@wccpenang.org
Website | Facebook | Twitter

4. SARAWAK WOMEN FOR WOMEN SOCIETY (SWWS)
Operating hours: Monday to Friday (9am to 5.30pm)
Contact: +6082-422660
SMS/WhatsApp: +6013-8044285
Email: sarswws@gmail.com
Website | Facebook | Twitter

SAYS

A man queueing up at a check out counter in a supermarket was seen throwing a tantrum because a woman in front of him was purchasing many items while he only had two.

The woman, Hidayah Fadhillah, shared a video on Facebook about the incident that happened at Tesco Hypermarket Alma, Penang. The video shows the man shouting at her and complaining that she had too many items while he was only buying eggs and some tissue.

“He got angry because he only bought eggs and tissue while I had many more items. But this is not even an express counter,” she wrote in the post.

“If he urgently wants to pay first, he can always ask me nicely and I will let him go first. But he chose to raise his voice and even made racist remarks.”

“In matters like this, there’s no need to mention race, but he said it has nothing to do with buying a lot of things.”

The man can also be seen flashing the ‘thumbs down’ action to a man in a blue shirt who was trying to defend Hidayah.

The man in the blue shirt then told him that if he didn’t want to wait, he could line up somewhere else. However, he responded that he didn’t want to go away and stayed put.

Hidayah Fadhillah shared with WORLD OF BUZZ, that in the end, the man eventually went away without saying anything.

Maybe the man was in a rush but that does not give him an excuse to make a scene just because the person in front of him had more items than him.

W.O.B


Covid-19 is not letting the world rest. Just when you thought there’s finally a drop in the number of cases, another wave arises. And currently, the global situation doesn’t hint a near end to the pandemic outbreak.

Ever since the beginning, the public has been told to practice social distancing with hopes that the chances of the virus spreading can be reduced over time. However, to what extent would you go to distance yourself from other people? Just by wearing face masks and avoiding crowded areas? Well, while such measures should always be maintained at all costs this man took it a step further.

This Victorian man social distanced himself from others by walking down the streets in a huge inflatable bubble.

The man was filmed travelling in the ball without wearing any shoes nor face masks, but the plastic cover. It was said that he came from Belgrave, 47km east of Melbourne, according to MSN News.

In the video, he was heard shouting, ‘I’m the man in the bubble!’ as he walked past the passersby who were watching him in delight.

Many netizens have reacted to the viral video by leaving comments like:

“I’m actually laughing so hard.”

“How Victorians are reacting to the lockdown.”

“I think he was just trying to brighten up our lives a bit. Luckily it was early morning and it wasn’t busy.”

This contraption came into view when Victoria recorded a total of 532 new cases and Premier Daniel Andrews threatened to close down all the industries in future restrictions. Five residents in aged care and a 50-year-old man have died overnight. Meanwhile, there are still 245 patients in hospital and 44 of them are placed in the intensive care unit.

It is not mandatory for those who stay in regional Victoria to wear face masks, though the Chief Health Officer highly recommends such practice.

‘You should wear a face-covering when you leave home if it is difficult to keep 1.5 metres apart from others,’ a statement read. 

W.O.B


It’s no secret that there have been a lot of unsolved animal cruelty cases in Malaysia, but that doesn’t mean that anyone should go around and abuse animals as they please.

After all, the punishment for animal cruelty can be rather severe.

For example, a man was fined RM7,000, in default four months jail for cruelty to an animal by slashing a female dog with a machete. The 52-year-old man pleaded guilty to the charge after unreasonably causing unnecessary pain to the dog. The incident happened behind a workshop at Jalan Miri, Jinjang Utara between 4 and 5 January last year.

The charge originally carried a maximum fine of RM100,000 or imprisonment for up to three years or both when convicted under Section 29(1)(e) of the Animal Welfare Act, but a lawyer representing the accused told the court that defence and the prosecution had agreed to a plea bargain of an RM7,000 fine, to which the judge agreed with after hearing the submissions from both parties and taking into account the plea bargain.

As according to Bernama, a married couple that was feeding the stray dogs in the area found the carcass of the female dog with slash wounds on its leg and body, along with seven puppies who were presumed to be poisoned.

The man was also investigated by the Kuala Lumpur Service Department, who found a chicken pen belonging to the man, who then admitted to slashing dogs who entered the pen. A machete and rat poison were found at the chicken pen.

Nobody knows what more the man has done to the poor strays in the area considering his stash of rat poison but we genuinely hope that the man learns his lesson and leaves the poor strays alone.

W.O.B

We understand that under the current situation the whole country is in, your day to day activities can be very stressful. From losing one’s job to a high-stress environment at home, these can easily break a person. Most often than not, those who can’t cope will resort to actions that might cause danger to themselves as well as the people around them.

Let’s take, for example, a recent video shared by Samson Singh Nejar on Facebook that has gone viral. In the video, we can witness a barefooted uncle, wearing only his black pants, lying in the middle of the highway doing some sort of “yoga”. His car was also parked beside him and from the way it is parked, he might have gone against the traffic.

It was also a busy highway as you can see a lot of cars passing dangerously close to him. But he continued with his “yoga”, totally ignoring the fact that he might be hit by a car who may not be able to see him on the road. Majority of netizens have commented saying that the old uncle is terribly intoxicated with either alcohol or drugs. Then the video ended before we could find out anything more.

Watch the full video here:

Jilake punya ah pek, buat yoga tengah highway…

Posted by Samson Singh Nejar on Sabtu, 18 Julai 2020

While we cannot assume and conclude that the man is in any way intoxicated, do keep in mind that alcohol or drugs is not the way to be dealing with stress. Never do drugs and if you want to enjoy your alcoholic drink, please be mindful and only drink moderately. Take an e-hailing ride home or call for a designated driver. By refusing to do this, you will not only put yourselves in danger but those around you too.

W.O.B

In an incident that happened 1 July in Kuala Dungun, Terengganu, a man who was angry over his high electricity allegedly assaulted a Tenaga Nasional Berhad (TNB) meter reader

According to Terengganu TNB retail department customer services head Mohd Nazri Puteh, the incident occurred at around 11.30am in Seberang Pintasan during which the TNB worker suffered minor injuries.

“The victim, a TNB meter reader supervisor, Anuar Rani, went to a house to take the reading at about 11.30am when he was suddenly approached by the man asking about his high electricity bill,” Nazri said.

The man refused to accept the worker’s explanation

Nazri said that while the victim tried to explain the matter to the customer, he wasn’t having it.

The man then pushed the TNB worker to the ground, resulting in him being injured.

“The man is said to have reached for a piece of wood to hit the victim, but was stopped by some members of the public,” Mohd Nazri said, adding that it was the first time such an incident has occurred in the state.

The victim, who suffered injuries to his knee and shoulder, was taken to the Dungun Hospital for treatment.

A police report has since been lodged against the man

Mohd Nazri said that TNB prioritises the safety of its workers and will not hesitate from taking legal action against those who act rashly against its workers.

He also asked customers who wished get an explanation for their high electricity bills or any related issue to personally head over to the nearest TNB office or contact the TNB Careline.

SAYS

The Covid-19 pandemic has put a halt on many occasions such as cultural events, exhibitions, marathons and even weddings. Mass gathering is strictly prohibited by the government to avoid the risk of Covid-19 infections.

Movement Control Order (MCO) was put in place to further ensure that everyone stays at home and they are safe. Unfortunately, not everyone are atill willing to adhere to the government’s orders and they put their safety on the line.

Yesterday (12 April), a man was arrested by the authorities in Alor Setar after he had been caught violating the MCO. He was found near by a traffic light at 11.30pm when authorities had arrested him.

According to Harian Metro, when probed further by the police regarding his whereabouts, the man claimed that he went to visit his fiancé. Assistant Commissioner Mohd Rozi Jidin said the this man was among the 16 individuals who were arrested for disobeying the MCO.

“The location has been inspected 5 times prior to this. But, people still are getting caught for violating the MCO,” said AC Mohd Rozi. He also stated that the individuals who were arrested are aware that the MCO only allows everyone to be out until 8pm.

To complicate things even further, the individuals who have been arrested came up with various reasons in hopes that the authorities will let them go.

The 16 individuals (between the ages 19-38) who were arrested have been brought for further investigation at the Kota Setar Police Headquarters. For MCO violators, authorities have warned that they will slap a fine up to RM1,000 and face possible jail term, too.

Since the MCO is extended, it is only expected for the authorities to be even stricter. According to the New Straits Times, police will no longer compromise with those who disobey or violate the Movement Control Order (MCO).

Staying at home until the MCO ends is crucial in order to break the infection chains of Covid-19. The frontliners are working day and night to ensure our safety and the least we can do for them is to stay at home.

W.O.B

//graizoah.com/afu.php?zoneid=2458908