police – Apa Pun Share

Tag Archive : police

/ police

On Sunday, 25 August, two men robbed a foreigner who was on his way to work at a petrol station in Sungai Buloh

Harian Metro reported that the incident took place at about 9.00 am when the victim, a Bangladeshi man, was crossing the road to his workplace.

Sungai Buloh district police chief Superintendent Shafa’aton Abu Bakar said, “The victim was approached by two men in a Proton Saga BLM. Suspects then fled with the victim’s phone and wallet which contained about RM100 cash.”

A police officer on duty nearby saw what happened and chased after the suspects.

The officer was filling up on gas for his Mobile Patrol Vehicle (MPV) when he saw the incident take place. He got in the car and drove after them.

The suspects’ car then tried to escape through a one-way street but was blocked by oncoming traffic.

One of the suspects got out of the car and took off while the other tried to crash the mobile petrol vehicle (MPV).The suspect missed and his car swerved into a tree on the curb.

The police officer only managed to apprehend one of the two suspects.

According to Shafa’aton, a background check revealed that the arrested suspect has a criminal history.

The police are actively searching for the other culprit that got away.

-says

Share and follow us

HONG KONG – Police in Hong Kong fired tear gas and water cannon amid running battles with brick-throwing protesters in driving rain yesterday, after clashes a day earlier in which police fired tear gas for the first time in more than a week.

At least six petrol bombs were thrown by protesters, some of whom took off down narrow side streets. The water cannon, which had not been used in years of anti-government protests, could not follow.

The police also confirmed that there was at least one gunshot during the protests.

The city’s MTR rail operator had suspended some services to try to prevent people gathering but the protesters, calling for democracy for the former British colony, made it to a sports stadium in the vast container port of Kwai Chung, from where they marched to nearby Tsuen Wan.

Some dug up bricks from the pavement and wheeled them away to use as ammunition, others sprayed detergent on the road to make it slippery for the lines of police. Clashes spread in many directions.

The vast majority marched peacefully.

Police had warned earlier they would launch a “dispersal operation” and told people to leave. Hundreds remained long after dusk fell, discussing what to do next, surrounded by empty tear gas canisters, bricks, metal railings and other debris.

“Some radical protesters have removed railings … and set up barricades with water-filled barriers, bamboo sticks, traffic cones and other objects,” they said in a statement.

“Such acts neglect the safety of citizens and road users, paralysing traffic in the vicinity,” the statement said.

PETROL BOMBS

Activists threw petrol bombs and bricks on Saturday in the gritty industrial district of Kwun Tong, on the east of the Kowloon peninsula.

Mr M. Sung, a 53-year-old software engineer in a black mask emblematic of the many older, middle-class citizens at the march, said he had been at almost every protest and would keep coming.

“We know this is the last chance to fight for ‘one country, two systems’, otherwise the Chinese Communist Party will penetrate our home city and control everything.

“If we keep a strong mind, we can sustain this movement for justice and democracy. It won’t die,” Mr Sung said.

The protesters are fighting the erosion of the “one country, two systems” arrangement under which Hong Kong returned to China in 1997, with the promise of continued freedoms not enjoyed on the mainland for 50 years.

The protests, which started over a now-suspended extradition Bill, have rocked Hong Kong for three months and plunged the city into its biggest political crisis since the handover.

AsiaOne

Share and follow us

HONG KONG – Two Hong Kong police officers were arrested on Tuesday (Aug 20) after a video emerged of them beating an older man on a hospital trolly, heaping further pressure on a force already facing accusations of brutality.

The footage, recorded in late June, shows two uniformed officers assaulting the man with batons and holding a cloth over his mouth.

There are no other people in the room as the officers take turns to abuse the patient over several minutes.

Police said the man was under arrest at the time.

“It is clear that the actions committed by the police officers concerned are unlawful,” said police spokesman John Tse, adding that police viewed the video for the first time on Tuesday.

“So far, two involved officers were arrested for assault occasioning actual bodily harm.”

He vowed a full, independent probe, insisting “police officers are never allowed to use abusive force for their own sake”.

The incident is likely to further fuel anger towards the stretched police force.

Pro-democracy protesters who have staged weeks of rallies throughout the city have called for an independent inquiry into the police response, which has included frequent use of tear gas and rubber bullets.

The force has become the loathed face of the Hong Kong government, and small groups of hardcore protesters have frequently clashed with frontline officers.

AsiaOne

Share and follow us

KUALA LANGAT, Malaysia – Police are looking for several armed suspects following a robbery, CCTV footage of which went viral on social media.

In the three-minute and 39-second video, eight people can be seen lounging in the hall watching TV and seated at a table having a chat when three masked men armed machetes enter the house in Bandar Saujana Putra here.

The suspects then brandish their machetes and force all eight victims, aged between 12 and 70, into a room.

Kuala Langat OCPD Supt Azizan Tukiman said that the investigation has revealed that six suspects were involved in the robbery which occurred at 9.41pm on Tuesday (July 23).

“They tied up seven victims in a room downstairs.”

Another woman was taken upstairs and told to hand over all their jewellery and valuables, which she complied with,” he said when contacted on Wednesday (July 24).

He added that the victims lost over RM30,000 (S$9,940) in total to the robbers.

“No one was hurt in the robbery. The victims managed to free themselves and asked a neighbour for help once the suspects left the scene.

“We dusted the house for prints but could not find any as the suspects were wearing gloves,” he said.

Supt Azizan said police were now looking for leads on the suspects and urged anyone with information on the case to contact the police hotline at 03-2052 9999 or visit the nearest police station.

AsiaOne

Share and follow us

JOHOR BARU – A video of two boys doing a “Superman” stunt on the back of a moving car has gone viral.

The two boys are seen holding onto the fast-moving car as it speeds down a busy intersection believed to be in Taman Scientex in Pasir Gudang.

However, there is no specific date or time showed on the six-second video.

Seri Alam OCPD Supt Ismail Dollah confirmed that a report has been lodged following a complaint by a social media user on the viral video shared by the Komunity Taman Scientex Facebook page at 12.43am on Sunday (July 21).

“The action of the children and driver is dangerous to themselves and other road users,” said Supt Ismail.

“Not only that, the car is also seen to be speeding through a red light at the intersection,” he added.

Supt Ismail said that police have launched an investigation to identify the car owner or driver, and the two boys involved in the incident.

He added that the case was being investigated under Section 336 of the Penal Code for endangering the lives of others.

He urged those with information to contact the state police hotline at 07-2212999 or lodge a report at the nearest police station.

It was reported that the number of road accidents nationwide increased from 533,875 in 2017 to 548,598 cases last year.

-AsiaOne

Share and follow us

Police in the United States have arrested a 36-year-old man for licking and sticking his finger into an ice cream product before putting it back on the supermarket shelf at a grocery store.

The man identified as Lenise Martin III had recorded the act and uploaded the clip on his Facebook account, according to a CNN report.

Louisiana police where Martin is based believed that he was inspired by a viral video originally uploaded on June 28, depicting a female individual licking a Blue Bell-labelled ice cream product in a supermarket.

The woman then put the product that she tampered with back on the shelf.

“We believe it’s a copycat incident. He did it and he did want to create some notoriety for himself by posting it on Facebook and that’s exactly what he did,” police commander Lonny Cavalier said to CNN.

Martin who is currently under police custody claimed that he paid for the product that he messed with in the video. However, it may not be enough to absolve Martin of any wrongdoing.

Social media users have seemingly dubbed the act as an “ice cream challenge”. Other copycat videos have also emerged showing users discreetly trying to tamper with an ice cream product in stores.

In a separate report by WAFB, a police spokesperson is warning others against doing the ice cream challenge. “We discourage anyone from copying this atrocious act. It is illegal. It’s a health risk to others. We will pursue anyone we see do this. You will be charged.”

The female individual in the original ice cream challenge clip has been identified by police as an underage teenager.

Lufkin Police department said in a Facebook post that the suspect was questioned along with her adult boyfriend and has admitted to the act.

The case will be handed over to the Texas Juvenile Justice Department for further investigation.

Some social media users are putting their own positive spin to the challenge by taking an ice cream product from the shelf and then placing it into their grocery cart for purchase.

AsiaOne

Share and follow us

HONG KONG – Hong Kong police appealed to protesters to not resort to violence, stop blocking roads and leave the scene as soon as possible after clashes broke out on Monday morning (July 1) in which riot police used pepper spray and batons.

Amid heightened security, Hong Kong Chief Executive Carrie Lam and other senior government officials witnessed the flag-raising ceremony inside a convention centre at 8am. The annual ceremony marked 22 years since Hong Kong was handed back to mainland China by the British.

Hours earlier, riot police swooped down on protesters who had blockaded a street in the Wanchai district after a standoff since early morning. They used pepper spray and batons in an attempt to push back the protesters who appeared to be throwing objects at them, local media reports said. At least one female protester was seen bleeding from a head wound after the clashes, an AFP report said.

A police statement released after the incident said a large number of protesters had “dashed” onto Lung Wo Road, Tim Mei Avenue and Harcourt Road. “They blocked the roads and obstructed traffic with mills barriers and sundries,” it said.

PHOTO: Reuters

“Some protesters stole iron poles and bricks from nearby construction site and guard rails from nearby roads,” police said, adding that some had “also pried up bricks on Lung Wo Road and transported them towards Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre. “

Police “strongly condemn these illegal acts,” the statement said and warned the protesters not to throw bricks or charge police cordon lines.

“Police appeal to protesters not to resort to violence, stop blocking roads and leave the scene as soon as possible,” the statement said.

The government has put in a series of measures to contain the fallout as it braced for Monday’s protests. Security was stepped up ahead of disruptions expected at the annual morning flag-raising ceremony at 8am at the Golden Bauhinia Square in Wan Chai. The Square was under lockdown and the nearby Convention and Exhibition Centre was closed. Harbour Road, next to the Convention Centre, has been cleared out by officers to let attendees of the morning reception gain access.

Shortly before 7am, the government also issued a statement that guests will now view the flag raising ceremony from the Convention Centre as wet weather plans kick in.

It also announced the closure, with immediate effect, of Admiralty and Wan Chai subway stations which are near the area of protests.

PHOTO: Reuters

In the wee hours of Monday morning, hundreds of black-clad protesters gathered at Tamar Park in Admiralty. At around 3am, they replaced the national flag with a black version while the official Hong Kong flag was at half-mast beside it.

By 4.30am, some parts of Lung Wo Road that stretches from Central to Wan Chai were blocked and protesters were dragging metal and water-filled barricades to block roads.

Some 100 police armed with shields and helmets were stationed at Lung Wo Road near the Convention Centre and started to clear protesters by 5.30am.

In the afternoon, around 2.30 pm, there are plans for the annual Civil Human Rights Front march from Victoria Park.

Some of last month’s massive protests turned violent causing dozens to be arrested and injured.

The protesters are demanding the full withdrawal of the controversial extradition Bill which will allow for suspects to be extradited to the mainland. The Bill has been suspended indefinitely. The protesters also want the release of all those who were arrested and an investigation into alleged police brutality on June 12.

-AsiaOne

Share and follow us

Some fights can get rather chaotic as people will start grabbing whatever object that is close at hand and start using it as a weapon – but as fights go, this one is rather bizarre. A Singaporean netizen recently recorded a rather comical fight that happened between two men along Hougang Avenue 9, near Ci Yuan Community Club.

The incident is believed to have taken place on Monday (April 29) around 2am, Straits Times reported. The person who recorded the scene, Lucas Oh, 18 said that he was at a coffee shop nearby when he witnessed the puzzling incident and decided to post it on his Instagram Stories. The series of videos have been recorded by another netizen and posted on Twitter.

It looks normal enough until you realise that one of them is holding a tall potted plant as his weapon while another man is holding a recorder. Yes, that musical instrument that was practically compulsory for us to learn back in school! They use these items to try and hit each but both of them appear to miss and then continue shouting at each other while brandishing their weapons.

A small group of people gathered to watch this curious fight and apparently someone made a police report because the authorities arrived not long after that. In another part of the video, the man holding a recorder is seen holding on to a bottle of what is believed to be alcohol, but this has not been confirmed.

As if the video wasn’t strange enough already, the climax comes when the man with the recorder suddenly starts playing it slightly off-key as the police arrive. The police seem to be rather stunned and the man manages to play his enchanting music for some time before they lose patience. Okay, what?

In the next clip, the police have tackled the musician and surrounded him. They have also handcuffed him while his beloved recorder has been seized by the police. Although it isn’t clear what started the fight, Oh told Straits Times that there was a staring incident between both of them and then they started shouting at each other. 

However, it looks like they could not understand each other as they were speaking different languages and this deteriorated into a scuffle when the man with the recorder pushed the other man. The man saw the potted plant and used it as a makeshift weapon as both of them started fighting. It is unclear why the man started playing the recorder when the police arrived but Oh said that he could have been drunk.

Watch the whole series of clips here:

That was certainly a rather puzzling fight but at least the man put those recorder skills to use, albeit being a bit rusty!

Worldofbuzz

Share and follow us

Woman Lodges Police Report Against Ustaz

April 23, 2019 | News | No Comments

Harian Metro reported that a 22-year-old woman lodged a police report against a 48-year-old ‘ustaz’ earlier today, 22 April, after being the latter’s sex slave for two years

The victim had lodged the police report together with the man’s 38-year-old wife. The duo also lodged reports against the man with the Selangor Islamic Religious Department (JAIS).

The victim revealed that she was introduced to the self-proclaimed ‘ustaz’ two years ago.

“I was introduced to him by a family member as I had health problems (two years ago). The day after that, I started feeling that something was wrong when I kept thinking of him and wanted to live with him really badly,” the 22-year-old told Harian Metro

She added that she became the man’s sex slave after being brought to his house in Subang, and was trapped there for the last two years. However, it remains unknown if the man’s wife was living in the house. 

“I was brought to his house in Subang to be treated, and I had sex with him because I wanted him to be my husband so badly,” the woman said, alleging that black magic was performed on her using a “red oil”. 

The ‘ustaz’, who controlled the victim for two years, apparently has many ‘followers’

“He has many followers, and they are very obsessive with his ‘teachings’,” the victim said. 

“I get weird requests from him everyday, including filming myself naked… For as long as I was with him, more than 100 videos of me have been sent to him,” she added. 

The ‘ustaz’ had also requested her to have a threesome with him and his wife, but she rejected it.

The 22-year-old also claimed that prominent artistes are among the man’s ‘followers’.

The victim eventually approached the man’s wife to apologise and put an end to his crimes.

“I thank her for understanding what happened to me. It turns out she knew about the things her husband was doing,” the 22-year-old told Harian Metro

Meanwhile, Gombak deputy police chief Arsad Kamaruddin said that the police are investigating the case. 

“We will also refer to the Commercial Crime Investigation Department as it involves nude videos,” Arsad added. 

SAYS

Share and follow us

In a tweet that asked, “What was your worst kitchen failure?”, Twitter user @notorioustapiranswered his own question saying that his was, “Mine was putting cold keropok lekor into too hot oil and created an angry oil volcano.”

However, this other answer submitted by @thezulfo was the one that really took the cake. He reveals,

“This is the experience of my friend’s wife who lives in France. She was happy getting belacan, so she grilled the belacanin her apartment to make sambal belacan.

“After that, the police knocked on her door to investigate because they received a report from her neighbour that there was a smell of a dead body coming from her apartment.”

Zul further clarifies what the French neighbour said:

“The neighbour reported that there was a weird smell that they’ve never smelt before. So they told the police that it could be a body that is dead for a long time.”

His tweet gained a whopping 21,000 retweets and 11,300 likes and netizens couldn’t help but share the amusement of our dear delicious sambal belacan being compared to the smell of a dead body!

Other users joked, “Wait till they are faced with other pungent smelling food from Malaysia! MUAHAHA!”

WOB

Share and follow us